Sometimes, the VR images may be blurry depending on the fit of the headset, the cleanliness of the equipment, or the settings on the headset. Below are a few things you can try to make sure you deliver the sharpest image to your patients.
- Adjust the focus dial until the VR images become sharp and clear.
- Adjust the position of the headset up and down on your head until the VR images become sharp and clear.
- Wipe down the lenses with an alcohol based wipe (ex. SaniWipe) until they are clear and transparent. Other wipes such as Clorox or CaviCide can leave residue on the lenses.
- Wipe down the phone to ensure that the screen is clean and clear.
- Straighten the phone in the headset if it is crooked. If the phone is crooked in the headset, it can make the VR images blurry and distorted (Example 1). If the phone is straight in the headset, the VR images will appear as intended (Example 2).
- Try wearing glasses. There is enough space in the headset for glasses to fit. They can help make the visual sharper especially if you have an astigmatism.
Example 1: Crooked Phone Position
Example 2: Crooked Phone Position
Article is closed for comments.