Tracking breathing can be a very powerful tool in VR. When breathing experiences work properly you will see small bubbles or waves with each exhale.
If those bubbles or sounds waves are not appearing on screen there are a few troubleshooting steps to take.
1) Placement - Check how the device is resting on your face. Breathe is captured by the Amplifier that covers your mouth when exhaling. See picture below. Ensure you are not exhaling below the plastic amplifier.
*Note - when there is a positioning issue you may notice that noise or talking in the room will cause bubbles on the screen unrelated to your breath.
2) Permissions - It is possible that permissions on your device were disabled. To check permissions take these steps
- click on settings wheel at the bottom of the home screen.
- select "connect to wifi"
- Along the bottom of the screen, find "advanced settings", this should be the furthest right button
- Select "Apps and Notifications"
- Select "app permissions"
- Next, scroll down to find "microphone", "phone" and "storage"
- You should see that each show a number of accepted permissions and available permissions such as 8 of 10 or 17 of 17. Ensure that all numbers permissions are enabled
- If permissions are not enabled, select that group, then click the slide to the right of any permissions that off are to make it green.
After checking these issues, if breathing still does not work, please call our support team for escalated troubleshooting.